Want To Be Our Next SEO Specialist?
Flying Point Digital, a full service interactive marketing agency with a specialty in search marketing for retail and ecommerce companies, is looking for an experienced and dynamic search engine optimization (SEO) professional to join its award winning SEO department.
Flying Point Digital offers an SEO Specialist position to experienced professionals who want to take their internet marketing career to the next level. Comprehensive training will be provided, and the SEO Specialist will learn how to independently lead the strategies and manage relationships for multiple client accounts.
- Manage communications and relationships with designated client accounts. This includes daily and weekly email and phone correspondence, as well as occasional in-person meetings.
- Gather all pertinent facts and performance statistics for a client’s website and formulate a comprehensive campaign strategy based on the client’s goals, available resources/budget, and SEO best practices.
• Perform all on-site optimization, including (but not limited to) optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Perform technical auditing of client websites, competitive analyses, as well as site architecture audits
- Use client’s performance data and competitive insights to develop an off-site strategy to support SEO efforts
- Have at least a basic understanding of new developments in SEO, such as Rich Snippets implementation, including Schema.org markup, Open Graph protocol, the various algorithm updates, and more
- Collect all relevant performance metrics and create compelling and user-friendly reports for clients on a monthly basis. Clients may also require more frequent reporting or communications.
- Create presentations for client use on an as-needed basis under tight deadlines
- Attend conference calls and occasional in-person meetings with clients to present data, provide clear direction and insight on their campaigns, and provide complete answers to their questions
- Provide ad hoc phone and email support for clients.
- Independently research current SEO methodologies to supplement on-the-job training in order to broaden SEO skill set.
- Contribute to departmental development by collaborating with SEO and other marketing teams to innovate or streamline SEO techniques for use on client campaigns.
- Must have 2-4 years’ experience managing SEO campaigns start to finish, concept to execution
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle large, complex projects
- A good attitude is a must!
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and feel comfortable making presentations both internally and to clients
- Must have strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Must have experience with Google Analytics, Webtrends, Coremetrics, Hitwise, or other major web analytics programs
- Must be “conversant” in HTML – you should be able to read code and identify certain elements
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills – numbers should excite you, not scare you
- Must love data (bonus points if you have an interesting data story to tell)
- Previous agency experience is highly desirable
- Previous experience with Brightedge, Moz, SEMRush or other SEO software is a plus
- A strong willingness to learn is crucial!
- Demonstrated understanding of and participation in social media is also highly desirable
- Above all, it should be obvious that you live, breathe, eat and sleep digital marketing!
Flying Point Digital offers a collaborative work environment in the heart of New York City. In addition to working with a team of dynamic and fun professionals who absolutely love what they do, Flying Point Digital also offers a fantastic benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance, happy hours on Thursdays, commuter benefits and, during the summer, a Summer Friday abbreviated work schedule. We care a lot about our employees’ work/life balance; you know what they say about all work and no play! If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.